PGH Bricks ranks among favourite brands. They are owned by CSR, one of the oldest companies still operating in the country. The parent organisation brings in revenue of over $2 billion and employs over 3,000 people across New Zealand and Australia.
The Birth of the PGH Bricks Name
If you recognise the PGH Bricks name, that could be in part because it is an old one. The original brand was introduced in 1958 after two building companies merged together with Hanson Consolidated Industries. It was partially acquired by CSR in 1989. A joint venture was formed with Boral in 2015. CSR acquired PGH Bricks in its entirety the following year.
While ownership may have changed over the years, the name has remained and continues to represent quality and innovation in the industry.
What Does PGH Bricks Make Today?
Contractors and DIYers searching for unique designs will appreciate what PGH Bricks has to offer today. Their product line has evolved to include traditional and modern styles. For customers who prefer a classic look, there are:
- Hinterlands – Rough textured velour blocks that come in eight handsome colours. Choose from light Thredbo and Windorah or darker Mitchell. Grey and red tones are also available in Hamilton, St. George, and Uluru.
- Woodstock – PGH Bricks’ Woodstock line is another classic collection with a rustic feel. These blocks are durable and come in lighter shades like Sandstone and Winter Gold. Some feature variations, like Rywood Blend.
- Impressions – Impressions is yet another traditional range with limitless possibilities. These feature square and tumbled edge designs in light white to brown. They are textured and ideal for use in country and coastal regions.
For customers who want something more sleek or contemporary, there are:
- Aspire – The Aspire Premium Collection favours gentle grey tones. These bricks are lightly sanded and come in Ivory, Ash, Alloy, Tungsten, and Slate. They are ideal for projects located in coastal areas.
- Urban Metal – If you prefer darker tones, Urban Metal is your collection. This PGH Bricks creation is beautiful and unique. Each features dark shades in Copper, Bronze, Silver, and Zinc with a metallic sheen.
- Seascape – Seascape can be found at the other end of the colour spectrum. This collection includes the same defined lines but in lighter, more aquatic hues. Choose from Sea Salt, Pumice, Lagoon, or Dusk to brighten your home.
Discover the Full PGH Bricks Catalogue Today
Many styles are found in the PGH Bricks catalogue. Check out our website to explore their available colours and styles or visit our showroom to see these one-of-a-kind bricks in person.